Recent KBS News
- MSU Today highlights KBS research on biofuel crops' water consumption
- MSU professor Gary Mittelbach honored as fellow of the Ecological Society of America
- Sarah Fitzpatrick co-recipient of Outstanding Student Presentation award
- Generosity of local farmer creates national impact
- KBS expertise on proposed dams within Amazon river basin
- KBS graduate student Elizabeth Schultheis awarded the Tracy Hammer Graduate Student Award
- KBS researcher Eben Gering's work highlighted in the New York Times.
- KBS faculty member Steve Hamilton to receive the 2015 SFS Environmental Stewardship Award
- MSU Today highlights Dr. Jennifer Lau's research on the nitrogen cycle
- Nicole Kokx, KBS Event Coordinator, named 2014-2015 Outstanding Staff Member by CANR
RSS News Feed
|Snyder's speech a 'net positive,' KBS professor says|
|Thursday, 29 November 2012 16:22|
Steve Hamilton, KBS professor of aquatic ecology, spoke with the Kalamazoo Gazette following Michigan Governor Rick Snyder's special message on energy and the environment, delivered at KBS on Wednesday.
Snyder's speech was "on the net positive side of the ledger" and "overall good" though "lacking a more assertive position on renewable energy," Hamilton told Gazette reporter Fritz Klug.
To read Klug's article, click here.
To read Snyder's 19-page special message, click here.