Recent KBS News
- Generosity of local farmer creates national impact
- KBS expertise on proposed dams within Amazon river basin
- KBS graduate student Elizabeth Schultheis awarded the Tracy Hammer Graduate Student Award
- KBS researcher Eben Gering's work highlighted in the New York Times.
- KBS faculty member Steve Hamilton to receive the 2015 SFS Environmental Stewardship Award
- MSU Today highlights Dr. Jennifer Lau's research on the nitrogen cycle
- Nicole Kokx, KBS Event Coordinator, named 2014-2015 Outstanding Staff Member by CANR
- KBS Director appointed to Chair NSF Advisory Committee for Biological Sciences
- Owl Training in Progress
- Bird Sanctuary Receives Grant for the Pollinator Garden!
RSS News Feed
|W.K. III Visits KBS|
|Friday, 03 May 2013 15:31|
KBS this week welcomed W.K. Kellogg III (Bill), the 83-yr-old great-grandson of cereal manufacturer and KBS benefactor W.K. Kellogg.
Bill toured Kellogg Bird Sanctuary on April 29 with his son, Chris, before strolling the Kellogg Estate grounds, and eventually arriving at the W.K. Kellogg Manor House, where he reminisced about his great-grandfather with KBS volunteers before enjoying a dinner held in his honor.
Bill was in town to speak at the dedication of a new historical marker at Kellogg Community College in Battle Creek. He lives in Chicago.
Photographs of his visit, taken by KBS volunteer Bill Krasean, are posted on our Facebook page here.