Date(s) - 10/09/2017
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Download Event iCal
Invasives vs. Natives: Plant Species Race Against Climate Change with MSU/KBS Associate Professor, Dr. Jen Lau
Dr. Jen Lau, MSU Associate Professor W. K. Kellogg Biological Station and Department of Plant Biology, will discuss:
- how humans are changing the earth in many ways, including warming the planet and spreading invasive species.
- how native plants are challenged by invasive species and human-caused changes.
- how do we tip the balance to favor and preserve native species?
Enjoy coffee, tea and delicious locally sourced desserts provided by the KBS Conference Center. A cash bar featuring house wines and Michigan craft beer available prior to the event.
Doors open at 7 p.m., talk from 7:30-8:30 p.m.
Many thanks to our co-sponsor and booth participant,
the Kalamazoo Area Wild Ones and Solar Winds Power Systems, LLC!
Visit informational booths before and after the talk to learn more!
At MSU’s Kellogg Biological Station green is more than a school color. You can help us be sustainability responsible for this event by:
- Carpool or ride your bike to the event.
- Traveling from a distance, watch the live stream instead.
- Reduce food waste by taking smaller portions and going back for seconds if needed.
Thank you for being part of this commitment!