Become a Science Camp Senior Counselor!
We’re looking for a few good educators! Are you enthusiastic, responsible and caring? Would you like to lead or assist with teaching engaging, hands-on activities that allow kids (6-12 years old and in 7th and 8th grade) to explore the natural world and our connection to it?
Learn more about Kids Being Scientists Camp here!
Apply today to be a Camp Senior Counselor (18+) or
Junior Counselor VolunTeen (14-17 years old).
Camp Senior Counselor:
- Commit to the entire camp schedule: Summer day camp runs for 4 weeks, July 8-12, 15-19, 22-26, 29-August 2. Mandatory counselor training on June 18-20 and wrap up on August 5-6.
- Hours of work: Typically Monday-Friday, 35-40 hours a week (8 a.m.-4 p.m.; commitment to stay until 5:00 pm one day a week may be required). Exceptions: June 19 11:30-7:30 (for Jr. Counselor Training), July 11 (overnight campout during Leadership Camp)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Demonstrated experience working with children
- Working toward or a degree in education, environmental education, biology, ecology, environmental science, or related field
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Certification in Standard First Aid and CPR/AED for Adult plus Child and Infant
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and distinguish colors and sounds
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
To apply: complete online application here upload resume and three references.
- Lifeguard certification(helpful, but not necessary)
Junior Counselor VolunTeen:
Visit our Volunteer page to learn more about becoming a Junior Counselor!