Internships and volunteering at the Sanctuary
The Kellogg Bird Sanctuar offers various volunteer
opportunities throughout the year.
The Kellogg Bird Sanctuary offers internships throughout the year. Juniors, seniors and recent graduates (within one year of graduation) with a background in biology, zoology, ecology, pre-vet, fisheries & wildlife, science education and parks & rec are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be U.S. citizens. More internships are available across Kellogg Biological Station: KBS Internships.
Are you interested in sharing your time at the Kellogg Bird Sanctuary? We have many opportunites to fit your interests and our needs:
- New! Bird Care volunteers learn to feed and care for captive waterfowl and gamebirds.
- Tour guide volunteers walk visitors along the Sanctuary trails, sharing the natural history of the Kellogg Bird Sanctuary.
- Gift shop volunteers greet guests in the gift shop, allowing the bookstore to be open to our weekend visitors, and assist with daily clerical work.
- Pollinator garden volunteers help with the care and upkeep of the Sanctuary gardens, promoting plant diversity to support a variety of pollinators, including butterflies, native bees, hummingbirds and more!
- Various other duties include office/clerical help and representing the Sanctuary at schools and regional festivals throughout the year.
Camp Educator job opportunities!