Sunday, October 6, 2013
1 to 5 p.m.
Each Fall, KBS celebrates the harvest with family activities at the Kellogg Bird Sanctuary, Kellogg Farm & Pasture Dairy Center, LTER Field Lab, and Kellogg Manor House.
In 2013, we will celebrate 50 years of aquatic research at KBS. Join us for special activities highlighting this important milestone.
In the tradition of W.K. Kellogg's generosity, we ask everyone to please bring non-perishable food items for the Food Bank of South Central Michigan.
Each of the KBS units will collect your donations and invite you to explore!
Kellogg Manor House
- Discover how water moves across the landscape
- Get up close to insects that live in water
- Learn about Mr. Kellogg and tour the house.
- Step back in time with a look at Gull Lake through the decades
- Enjoy hot chocolate, pumpkin and apple breads
Kellogg Bird Sanctuary
Kellogg Farm - Pasture Dairy Center Milking Barn
- See a robotic milker in action.
- Enter a drawing/coloring contest to win KBS Dairy Cheese or a t-shirt
- Learn about what pasture raised cows eat
LTER Field Lab - Fun with Science! (across from the Dairy, 10378 40th St.)
- Explore the fram fields to learn about healthy water, soil and bugs
- Learn about farming and food.
- Check out prairies grown for biofuels.
- Learn about the world beneath our feet
- Sample popcorn!
Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 269-671-2510.
See you there!