Most trails and other outdoor spaces at the W.K. Kellogg Biological Station, including the Kellogg Bird Sanctuary, remain open to the public. The Manor House is again hosting tours and small, in-person events.
When you visit, please observe the rules in place for everyone’s safety.
Safety and distancing guidelines
- Masks are mandatory in any indoor space and outdoors when a six-foot distance from members of other households cannot be maintained.
- Follow all posted signs.
- Wash your hands before visiting and carry hand sanitizer.
- Do not use the trails if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
Maintain a six-foot distance from all other visitors on trails, grounds and in parking lots.
- Bring your own water.
- Keep in mind that some buildings–including the Resource Center–are closed. Public restrooms, located around the back of the Auditorium building, are open. Masks must be worn in restrooms.
- Pack out any trash.
- There are no dogs allowed at any time on Sanctuary grounds. Dogs are allowed only in the following areas: KBS academic campus, Conference Center and Manor House grounds, and the Plant Succession Trail, located at the corner of B Avenue and East Gull Lake Drive.