Date(s) - 10/24/2019
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Download Event iCal
- The current status of the US beekeeping industry
- Efforts to address honey bee decline
- The historical relationship between veterans and beekeeping
- How Heroes to Hives trains veterans to become beekeepers, supports veterans’ health
- How Heroes to Hives alumni are training the next generation of beekeepers
Dr. Adam Ingrao is the Veteran’s Liaison for Michigan State University Extension and an Agricultural Entomologist. An Army veteran and nationally recognized veteran’s advocate, Dr. Ingrao has led efforts to connect veterans with career and wellness opportunities within the agricultural sector. He is the founder and instructor of the MSUE Heroes to Hives program, and the former director of two nonprofits serving farmer veterans in Michigan, the Veterans in Agriculture Network and the Farmer Veteran Coalition of Michigan. His honors include the MSU Plant Science Fellowship, National Science Foundation Fellowship and the US Fruit and Vegetable Industries 40 leaders in agriculture under 40 award (40 Under 40). He holds a BS in Agriculture and Environmental Plant Science from California Polytechnic State University and a PhD in Entomology from Michigan State University.
Enjoy coffee, tea and delicious locally sourced desserts provided by the KBS Conference Center. A cash bar featuring house wines and Michigan craft beer available prior to the event.
Doors open at 7 p.m., talk from 7:30-8:30 p.m.
Registration Opening Soon!
Visit these informational booths before and after the talk to learn more!
At MSU’s Kellogg Biological Station green is more than a school color. You can help us be sustainability responsible for this event by:
- Carpool or ride your bike to the event.
- Traveling from a distance, watch the live stream instead.
- Reduce food waste by taking smaller portions and going back for seconds if needed.
Thank you for being part of this commitment!