The popular Trails and Tales program will continue at the W.K. Kellogg Bird Sanctuary, with new storylines. Together with the Richland Community Library, the Sanctuary will have new themes for the storybook walk and activities this summer and fall.
Pages from a storybook will be posted along the Sanctuary’s paved path for families to read as they walk. There also will be self-guided activities that complement the story’s themes and a reading list at the Richland Community Library to learn even more and practice reading skills.
The stories and activities are updated every two months and are open to all during normal operating hours with the cost of admission (free to members).
- Story title: “Caterpillar Dreams” by Clive McFarland.
- Activities: Monarch life cycle display in the Pollinator Garden, laminated birds on the Lake Loop Trail.
- Take home: Monarch life cycle coloring pages.
- Story title: “The Bat Book,” by Charlotte Milner.
- Take home activity: Michigan Facts About Bats coloring page.
Questions? Contact the Kellogg Bird Sanctuary at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 671-2510.