Thank you for your interest in the variety of career opportunities at MSU’s Kellogg Biological Station. We hope you will investigate these great opportunities and consider applying to become a part of the KBS team.
Apply for this position at the MSU Applicant Page using posting number 4885.
- Knowledge of commercial cleaning methods, techniques and equipment required
- Frequent lifting of up to 25 pounds is required, occasional lifting of 50 pounds
- Pass background, reference checks and drug screening
- 1-6 months experience in non-residential custodial care
- Valid Michigan driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to speak and understand English
Interested parties should contact 269-671-2500 for more information.
MSU Vegetable Agriculture Research Assistant
The primary function of this position will be to support in MSU research of organically and conventionally managed vegetables. The aim of this research is to improve the sustainability of vegetable production in Michigan through mechanical cultivation, reduced tillage, and the use of improved varieties. The successful applicant will assist with crop planting, plot maintenance, harvesting, data collection, and tractor operation (with previous experience) at the Kellogg Biological Station in Hickory Corners, MI. Responsibilities could also include some field work at Southwest Michigan Research and Extension Center (drive time compensated). This position requires travel to the Kellogg Biological Station by the successful applicant.
- Ability/desire to work outside 95-100% of time.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- This position requires possession of a valid vehicle operator’s license.
- Experience with tractors with manual transmissions.
- Experience with 3-point hitch implements.
- Experience with PTO driven equipment.
- Experience with hauling trailers.
- Ability to drive university vehicle requiring medical certification.
- Agricultural plot research experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Dates: May – September (end date flexible)
Hours: 40 hrs/week
Salary: $9.50 – $11/hour (based on experience)
To apply: Email resume and brief cover letter to Corey Noyes (firstname.lastname@example.org), Subject: KBS Position. Application deadline is March 24, 2017.
UNDERGRADUATE INTERNSHIPS, URAs & REUs
Applications for KBS programs will be open from December 15 – February 15, 2017. To learn more about our undergraduate research and internship programs, please see our undergraduate programs pages.