Recent KBS News
- KBS graduate student Elizabeth Schultheis awarded the Tracy Hammer Graduate Student Award
- KBS researcher Eben Gering's work highlighted in the New York Times.
- KBS faculty member Steve Hamilton to receive the 2015 SFS Environmental Stewardship Award
- MSU Today highlights Dr. Jennifer Lau's research on the nitrogen cycle
- Nicole Kokx, KBS Event Coordinator, named 2014-2015 Outstanding Staff Member by CANR
- KBS Director appointed to Chair NSF Advisory Committee for Biological Sciences
- Owl Training in Progress
- Bird Sanctuary Receives Grant for the Pollinator Garden!
- Dr. Steve Hamilton Awarded by MSU for Civic Engagement
- Undergrad researchers present at symposium
|KBS Community Outreach|
KBS is part of Michigan State University, and offers a wide variety of both credit and non-credit educational opportunities. We are dedicated to sharing our knowledge and expertise with students of all ages!KBS Tour page for more information on planning a group visit.
The K12 Partnership is a joint effort between KBS scientists and local teachers in 11 area rural school districts.
KBS depends on volunteers for a wide variety of tasks, from guiding Manor House tours to checking nest boxes at the Sanctuary. Contact the facility of your choice to find out what opportunities are available for you!
The Bird Sanctuary offers numerous programs for all ages! From guided tours for preschoolers, to summer camps for ages 6-12, to adult ornithology courses, there's something here for everyone. Check out the events calendar to see what's coming up next.
The Manor House offers visitors a unique glimpse into the life of W.K. Kellogg and his family. Special events, such as outdoor concerts and holiday parties, are common occurrences on the Manor House grounds.Long-term Ecological Research (LTER) Education and Outreach
Research results from the LTER, including Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center (GLBRC) research at KBS, are important for a wide variety of audiences, including students, scientists, farmers, policy makers and more.